We live in a unique political moment. No matter your political leanings, we can all agree on this. As Christians, how can we wisely navigate politics and public life?
In it, you will explore current political positions and cultural challenges from a Christian perspective. You’ll learn how to evaluate different political perspectives, where politics fits in the true story of the whole world and how to engage in political discourse in ways that are pleasing to God.
About the Professor
Dr. Bruce Riley Ashford is Provost and Dean of the Faculty at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he also serves as Professor of Theology and Culture.
He is the co-author of One Nation Under God: A Christian Hope for American Politics and author the forthcoming Letters to an American Christian (due out June 1, 2018). He’s also the author of Every Square Inch: An Introduction to Cultural Engagement for Christians and The Theology and Practice of Mission: God, the Church, and the Nations.
In this free class, you’ll have access to 26 lectures — along with dozens of additional recommended videos and resources. Here’s a sample of what you’ll learn:
- Locating Politics Within the True Story of the Whole World
- Choosing Between Four Competing Views of Public Life (Or, the Gospel as Public Truth)
- Relating Church and State
- Doing Politics in a Post-Christian Country (Or, Christian Witness as a Prophetic Minority)
- Cultivating Wisdom and Public Virtue
- Evaluating Modern Political Ideologies
- A Christian View of Life and Death
- A Christian View of Marriage and Sexuality
- A Christian View of Racial Diversity and Race Relations
- A Christian View of War and Peace
Image Credit: Brandon Mowinkel / Unsplash