In today’s #FaithandCulture Reading, we cull a brief list of some of our favorite articles of the week — featuring selections from Chelsea Patterson Sobolik, Andrew Spencer, Quentin Self, George Robinson and more.
- Study shows preborn babies feel pain as early as 12 weeks’ gestation
Chelsea Patterson Sobolik at The ERLC: “We should pray for the Church to continue to step up in Jesus’ name, supporting vulnerable women and babies by providing them with the love, care, and hope that they need.”
- Teaching Kids to Live as Christians through Work
Andrew Spencer at The Institute for Faith, Work, and Economics: “Understanding the connection between the product on the shelf and the process that made it… is becoming more important in a world of specialization where many of us never see a tangible result from our work.”
- Praying God’s Purpose for the Text
Quentin Self at The Pastors Center: “I am convinced the most powerful prayer for preaching happens when we align our prayers with God’s specific purpose for the preaching text.”
- Who’s Your (Next) One?
George Robinson at The CGCS: “You were made for this. You were re-made for this. What is “this”? Worship. Obey. Reproduce. Repeat.”
- “When I have to search a student’s cell phone, I’m sick to my stomach at what I find.“
Chris C. at Love What Matters: “The internet is the most dangerous place behind closed doors.”
From Intersect This Week
Here’s a list of the articles we published this week. If you missed one, now’s your time to catch up.
- 3 Truths to Remember in the Houston Astros Cheating Scandal
Will Matthews: “We enjoy sports because we enjoy delighting in what God has created.”
- 4 Ways to Walk With Those Who Weep
Laura Thigpen: “Grief is not a sign of a lack of faith, but the effort to run from or avoid grief can be.”
- Want to Be Like Charles Spurgeon? Be Humble. Be Prayerful.
Cody Cunningham: “We cannot expect to have a Spirit-empowered ministry if we do not possess a prayer-soaked ministry.”
- Neil Shenvi: How You Can Pursue Apologetics in the Academy
Neil Shenvi: “You have to prepare your congregation and equip them to deal with the kinds of arguments they’re going to hear.”
What other articles would you recommend?