Today and tomorrow, historians, scientists, and theologians will gather on the campus of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary for a one-of-a-kind conference on the historical events that shaped our understanding of science and faith.
And a little snow won’t stop us! The Southeastern grounds crew have worked hard to ensure that all the sidewalks are safe and passable.
Here’s what you need to know about today’s conference. And if you haven’t registered yet but want to come, ask us about session-only tickets!
Need to Know
Please park in the gravel parking lot at South Avenue, Wake Forest, NC across the street from the Jacumin-Simpson Missions building and Wake Forest Baptist Church. For your convenience, the parking lot will be marked with Event Parking signs.
Please bring your conference Eventbrite ticket to our check in table and receive your conference packet in the rotunda of the Jacumin-Simpson Mission building at 112 South Ave, Wake Forest, NC. Check in will happen from 2-2:45 PM on Friday, 2/21.
- Speaker Sessions
The conference will begin at 2:45pm on Friday, 2/21 at the sanctuary of Wake Forest Baptist Church, just walking distance from Jacumin Simpson Missions building. All of our speaker sessions will take place here.
- Banquet Dinner
This dinner will take place from 6-7:00 PM at Southeastern’s Ledford Student Center located at 113 North Wingate Street, Wake Forest, NC. You can walk to Ledford from the church, or you can drive there and park in the Ledford parking lot adjacent to the building. We will have a vegetarian option available.
Please download the Slido app on your phone or tablet. We will conduct the Q&A portions of our event using this tool. Alternatively, you can participate through Slido.com.
Friday, February 21
- 2:00pm — Registration Opens
- 2:45pm — Welcome (Drs. Bruce Ashford and Ken Keathley)
- 3:00pm — “Galileo Moments” (Dr. Michael Murray)
- 4:00pm — “The Galileo Affair: What We Have Learned…or Not” (Dr. Ted Cabal)
- 5:00pm — Break
- 6:00pm — Banquet Dinner in the Ledford Student Center
- 7:00pm — “The Christian Origins of Modern Science” (Dr. Peter Harrison)
Saturday, February 22
- 9:00am — “1925 and All That: Fundamentalists, Modernists, and the Scopes Trial” (Dr. Ted Davis)
- 10:00am — “Southern Baptists and Darwinism: The Evolution of a Perennial Controversy” (Dr. Nathan Finn)
- 11:00am — Panel Discussion (Hosted by Dr. Ken Keathley)
No comments have been added.