In today’s #FaithandCulture Reading, we cull a brief list of some of our favorite articles of the week — featuring selections from Bruce Ashford, Adam Denny, Scott Hildreth, Andrew Ely, Marylou Springer, and more.
Which cultural critics have Bruce Ashford read in recent years? Here’s a brief list. He writes,
Though each of these thinkers tells the narrative of the West’s demise is a different way, what they all therefore trace is the spiraling downfall that occurs when society loses belief in God and places human beings upon his throne.
Adam Denny encourages you to take a rest from social media. Here’s why:
Recently I’ve sensed a real need to take an extended break from social media. It’s something I’ve done before but never longer than a week or two. Jesus’ words in His teachings about the necessity of fasting for spiritual reasons weighs heavily on my mind.
Our friends at the Biblical Recorder report on a video Scott Hildreth recorded about his book on pornography — and the surprising reason he wrote it. He says,
I pray that God would use it as a way to get His message of hope to people who are really struggling, who feel bound by a porn addiction or obsession that is controlling them
From our Sister Blogs
Intersect serves as the blog of the Center for Faith and Culture (CFC) at Southeastern Seminary (SEBTS). Take a few minutes to look at recent posts from our sister Centers:
- The Nations Share Your Home. Are You Missing Them?
Andrew Ely: “How could I have neglected the beauty of God expressed in the diversity of humanity right before my eyes? “
- Editor’s Choice: My 3 Favorite Articles from 2019
Marylou Springer shares her three favorite articles from The Center for Great Commission Studies in 2019.
From Intersect This Week
Here’s a list of the articles we published since last Friday. If you missed one, now’s your time to catch up!
- A Vocation Unlike Most: A Pastor’s Charge to Fellow Pastors by Peter Dubbelmann
- 4 Ways to Pray for the World Right Now by Ken Keathley
- When It Comes to Orphan Care, We Don’t Have to Compete by Laura Thigpen
- The Science of Embryos and How We Truly Are “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made” featured Jeff Hardin
- 2 Things Christians Should Know About the Universe by Kerissa Armstead
- We Need Solitude. We Need Community. | A Review of ‘The Rhythm of the Christian Life’ by Alysha Clark
What other articles would you recommend?